Activating Yealink video endpoints on the Pexip Service
The supported method for activating Yealink devices for use with the Pexip Service is tying the device to its subscription using its MAC address. Please note that Yealink video endpoints are not compatible with activation via the Activate Endpoint app.
To have your device tied to its subscription, you must contact your partner who will ask you for the MAC address of the device.
We also recommend checking that your endpoint is running a software version that's supported for use with Pexip subscriptions, and upgrading the firmware if necessary.
After the device has been tied to its endpoint subscription, the steps below can be executed by someone with administrator access to the device.
- First, you need to set the video conferencing platform, so either:
You may see Pexip and Videxio as available options, in which case select Videxio for the Pexip Service (some hardware video endpoint providers have not updated the names).
Within a short time the Yealink video conferencing system is set up for use with the Pexip Service.
Please note that the secondary DNS servers must be configured for registration to work.
If activation fails or the device reports "Invalid certificate" then you need to replace the unit's existing Root CA certificate with an updated certificate:
- Go to the DigiCert repository to obtain the DigiCert Global Root G2 CA: https://cacerts.digicert.com/DigiCertGlobalRootG2.crt.pem (you may need to right-click and select Save link as...).
- Follow the prompts to save the file as a .pem file.
- If you choose to open the file first, be sure to use a text editor such as Notepad or Vi.
- Sign in to the unit's configuration interface and install the certificate (the .pem file).
For additional troubleshooting help, see Endpoint activation troubleshooting tips.