Setting host PIN on all personal VMRs
Administrators can opt to automatically set a host PIN on all personal VMRs. This is currently a manual process to initiate (administrators should contact your account manager at your local certified Pexip Partner).
- After enabling this feature, each existing and any new users will be assigned a random 4-digit host PIN.
- Each user can log into the web page for their own VMR in order to see the current host PIN and change it (if they want to) as described above.
- This does not enforce host PINs, as a user can choose to remove the automatically generated PIN altogether.
As this can be a potentially large change to the user experience, close coordination with the end-user is needed in order to facilitate a smooth introduction when you enable this feature. We therefore recommend you:
- Prepare the organization for the change with suitable information.
- Set a date and time for the change, outside business hours, and handhold the users through the change.
- For existing users, proactively communicate the new PIN code so they are aware of this before making their next call. (Your account manager at your local certified Pexip Partner can provide a list with all personal VMRs and their host PINs to facilitate the communication to individual users.)
Note that automated host PINs will of course also work for customers using Single Sign-On.