Domain hosting DNS records
To enable your calling domain to be a fully functional part of the Pexip network, you need to:
- Add a DNS TXT record so that your domain can be verified by the Pexip Service.
- Add SIP and H.323 SRV records to your DNS server to resolve to the Pexip cloud servers.
You should refer to your New calling domain email that you received from Pexip. This contains the specific details about the DNS entries that you need to set up for your calling domain.
You need to set up a DNS TXT record so that your calling domain can be verified by the Pexip Service:
Add a DNS TXT record to your domain DNS settings.
- The value must be as specified in your New calling domain email, for example pexip-portal-domain-verification=abcd1234-ab12-cd34-ef56-abcdef123456
- If you have an existing DNS TXT record specified for pexip-portal-domain-verification then add the new value to that existing record as a comma-separated list, for example pexip-portal-domain-verification=dcba4321-ba21-dc43-fe65-fedcba654321,abcd1234-ab12-cd34-ef56-abcdef123456
Contact your account manager at your local certified Pexip Partner and tell them you have set up your DNS TXT record for your new calling domain.
They can then complete the verification process.
Note that any Pexip Service customers who set up their domain prior to November 2023 do not need to go through this process — your domain has already been classified as verified.
These SRV records allow external parties (not part of the Pexip cloud) to reach you using URI dialing (the preferred dialing method).
Below are examples of the SRV records that need to be added to enable your calling domain. Note that:
- You can also use subdomains if your root already has H.323 or SIP services configured.
- When updating your DNS entries you may be asked for a TTL (Time To Live) value. If you have no preference or do not know what to enter, we recommend you use a value of 3600 (seconds) as a good balance between migration time and traffic generation.
- The exact values to use are as specified in your New calling domain email.
The following records are required for SIP/SIPS (replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain):
The following records are required for H.323 (replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain):
After you have updated your DNS records, you can verify that your domain has been correctly configured:
- Go to https://portal.pexip.com/check-domain/.
- Enter the domain to be verified (e.g. example.com)
- Select .
If the verification fails and there are records that are configured incorrectly, you will not be able to receive calls using this domain.
The owner of the domain (Pexip's customer or partner) must correct the configuration as Pexip does not have access to these records.