Here are the things you need before you can provision your endpoint.
- You need confirmation of your hardware endpoint license. If you don't have this yet please contact your organization's company administrator, or if that's you, please contact your account manager at your local certified Pexip Partner.
- You need to ensure that your network is suitable for registering your hardware endpoint with the Pexip Service. You can test your network using the Activate Endpoint app.
We also recommend the following, depending on your situation:
- If your endpoint has been previously configured for video calling, we recommend you remove the previous configuration settings before provisioning. This is because some settings can be persistent even after running the Activate Endpoint app and it may cause issues when trying to place calls. Please note that executing a factory reset may remove software updates and installed option keys, and some devices have an additional feature for clearing the configuration. We advise referring to your VTC system guide for help.
- You may also need to remove your device from any endpoint management suites as they may remove the provisioning settings put in place by Pexip. This refers to management suites such as Cisco's TelePresence Management Suite or Tandberg Management Suite, and Poly's RealPresence Resource Manager (RPRM).
- For trials, we recommend customers ensure that their system is backed up according to the manufacturer's specifications so that it can be restored to the original configuration, if required.
Other information related to endpoint provisioning: