Help for external participants joining meetings
The guidance below is for external users who don't have a Pexip account, but have been given room information for a meeting on the Pexip Service. (If you have a Pexip account, feel free to share the link to this help page in your meeting invitations.)
If you don't have a Pexip account you can easily join meetings on the Pexip Service using your browser, or the Pexip apps. You can join with full video capability or using audio and presentation only mode, and you can also configure your devices before joining a meeting. You can also dial in to Pexip from any standards-based SIP or H.323 VTC system using the joining details provided to you by the meeting organizer.
Open the invitation given to you by the meeting organizer. Pexip meeting room URLs look like this: https://pexip.me/meet/.../
Click the meeting room link and the VMR page loads in your browser.
- Select . Now you can check everything is working before joining the VMR. If required, go to to see which devices are in use.
Everything is working fine if:
- You see your own image in the video window.
- The green bar in the bottom right corner rises and falls with the sound detected by the microphone.
You can hear sound through your speakers. Select to test them.
- If joining a large meeting, you may want to to join the call initially.
- To join with full video and audio capability, enter your name and select .
- Alternatively, to join with audio and screen sharing only (you won't see others and they won't see you), first tick Join using Audio + Presentation only mode. Then select .
- If you are prompted for a PIN and you don't have one, check with your meeting organizer. Otherwise enter the PIN. You may now be held in the lobby until the room owner or a host joins the VMR.
- Find out more about in-call controls, including how to share your screen.
Any video conferencing system using standards-based SIP or H.323 protocols can join a Pexip meeting. Simply use the meeting details you've been given by the meeting organizer, and follow your normal procedure for dialing a video address.
External users (people who don't have a Pexip account) can use the Android app to join a meeting as a guest.
- Open the invitation containing the room details for your meeting.
- Look for the video address (looks like an email address, for example, email@example.com) or the eight-digit conference code that identifies the meeting room. Check if there's a host or guest PIN (optional).
- Open the app. If you see the Login page, go to the menu . Select .
- At the prompt, enter either the video address or conference code and then tap .
- For full video, choose .
- Tap to allow access to your camera and mic so that people can see and hear you. Next Android requests permission for the camera and mic separately so you may need to acknowledge more than one prompt but it doesn't take long.
- Enter your name and tap
. What happens next depends on whether the VMR you're joining is PIN-protected.
- If prompted for a PIN, you need to enter a PIN before you can join the meeting. You can enter a guest PIN or a host PIN *.
- Alternatively, if you have entered the waiting area and hear a prompt for the host to enter a host PIN, select the *. Otherwise all you need to do is wait for the other participants to join. Find out more about PINs here. and enter the host PIN if you have it
You have the following controls available. Starting from the top-left then moving clockwise: