Setting up a Pexip Room system
This article describes how to set up your Pexip Room system for first-time use. It covers:
- Setting up your system
- Changing the meeting settings
- Screen sharing
- Managing the device and upgrading the software via the Logitech Sync portal
Before you set up your Pexip Room, ensure you have the following prerequisites in place.
Office 365 (O365)
Within your own Office 365 environment you need:
- A dedicated O365 Exchange service account for your Pexip Room systems
- A room resource mailbox defined for each Pexip Room
See Configuring Office 365 for the Pexip Room for more information.
You need to be a Pexip Service customer and have purchased a Pexip Room license. Please contact your account manager at your local certified Pexip Partner for more information.
To set up your Pexip Room for the first time you need to go through the following steps:
- Unpack and install the hardware device according to the manufacturer's instructions. Note that the Tap controller requires external power; it can be via a power adapter or cat 5 extender — please check the Logitech specs for exact details.
- Boot the device and then continue the setup process using the system's Tap controller.
- Select Pexip as the video service provider.
Sign in to the Logitech Sync Portal (you can manage the device via the Sync Portal).
- Select your company as the organization the room belongs to, and then complete the remainder of the device set-up steps, such as entering the seat count, specifying a custom name if required, performing any equipment tests (camera, microphone, speakers etc), and finally confirming the installation.
- When you are told the installation is complete you can continue to installing the Pexip Room app.
Choose whether to Share crash data with Pexip. We encourage customers to share error details so that we can improve our service.
You must be a Pexip customer and have a Pexip Room license to continue.
Select Pexip Room systems.to proceed with signing in to Office 365 with your service account. Use the dedicated service account you have created for use with your
The app now connects to Office 365 and follows the O365 sign-in process for your service account:
Enter the email address of your dedicated Pexip Room service account and select .
Enter the password for the service account and select.
If you are using multi-factor authentication (MFA), you also need to approve the sign-in using your chosen authentication method (e.g. authentication app or phone call / SMS).
Accept the app permissions. (Only applies for the first Pexip Room used with this account.)More information on app permissions
All of the permissions required by the app are delegated permissions. Delegated means that this application may act on behalf of a user as the user themself for this particular permission (see this article for more information). Information about the permissions required by the app is provided in the following table:
Permission Details More information Read all users' basic profiles The User.ReadBasic.All permission allows the app to read a basic set of profile properties of other users in your organization on behalf of the signed-in user. This includes display name, first and last name, email address and photo. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/permissions-reference#delegated-permissions-69 Read calendars you can access The Calendars.Read.Shared permission allows the app to read events in all calendars that the user can access, including delegate and shared calendars. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/permissions-reference#delegated-permissions-7 Maintain access to data you have given it access to The offline_access permission allows the app to see and update the data you gave it access to, even when users are not currently using the app. This does not give the app any additional permissions. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/permissions-reference#delegated-permissions-39 View your email address This is included automatically by the User.ReadBasic.All permission and allows the app to read a users' primary email address. Sign is as you This is included automatically by the User.ReadBasic.All permission and allows users to sign in to the app with a work or school account and allows the app to see basic user profile information.
Providing the device remains operational, you should not have to sign in again, even after a reboot. You will have to sign in again if the device remains powered off for more than 90 days.
You are asked to Sync with a meeting room mailbox. Enter the room resource mailbox address for the device.
You are shown a PIN. Take a photo or write it down as you will need it to access the device's system settings options, then select.
- Your setup is now complete. The Pexip Room will synchronize with the room mailbox and display any scheduled meetings.
- On initial release, the Pexip Room cannot be provisioned from the Pexip Service or via Pexip's Activate Endpoint app.
- The Pexip Room system does not have a web interface; system enablement is performed from the Tap controller.
You can use the option, on the top-right to configure the meeting and device options on the Pexip Room system.
You can do this either during or before you join a meeting.
You can choose whether you want to display a self-view, and if so, where to position the self-view.
You can choose how you want presentation content to be displayed in relation to the participant video.
Theoption requires you to enter the PIN you recorded during the setup process. It then allows you to:
- Reboot the device
- Shutdown the device
- Perform a factory reset
- Configure advanced system settings — these are the settings for the unit itself
If you want to screen share / present content via the option, then you first need to connect your device (laptop, tablet etc) to the Rally Bar (not the Tap controller) with an HDMI cable.
The Pexip Room can be managed via the Logitech Sync portal (http://sync.logitech.com/). You can use this for various features, including:
Firmware updates to install new app software:
- Firmware updates for Pexip Room are pushed via an Over-the-Air (OTA) update from Logitech. New version availability is shown under the system settings on the Tap touch controller and via the Logitech Sync portal.
- Updates are not forced — they are made available to the unit but they must be performed manually via Tap or triggered/scheduled via Sync.
- Enabling/disabling device settings including Logitech RightSight, audio settings such as noise suppression, network connectivity etc.
If you are having trouble setting up or using your Pexip Room system, you should initially check for any network or internet connectivity issues before investigating the other possible causes described below.
You can also check the latest release notes.
Problems with signing in to Office 365 with your service account could be due to:
- Using the wrong credentials.
- Incorrect configuration in O365 such as not having assigned a license.
- If the meeting is not in the O365 mailbox calendar, check that the Pexip Room system was included in the list of invitees.
- If the meeting is in the O365 mailbox calendar, but not appearing on Pexip Room, check that a meeting link was included in the meeting description.
- Check that the HDMI cable is connected correctly to the Rally Bar (not the Tap controller).
- Check for any reported operational issues with the Pexip Service (https://status.pexip.com/).