Using Single Sign-On (SSO) with the Pexip apps
Single Sign-On (SSO) is an increasingly common feature of web services and business tools that most users will recognize, even if they don't necessarily use the term “SSO” themselves. It enables users to log into a third-party service or web page, such as the Pexip apps, using the same login credentials as the other systems they already use.
The main benefits of SSO are:
- Convenience and security: the ability to securely log into multiple tools with the same login credentials.
- Reduced tech support costs and greater efficiency with only one password to remember.
- Faster, simpler user administration.
- SSO for the Pexip apps is only available for Enterprise User License customers with a minimum of 10 user licenses, and is not available for trials.
- There is no synchronization with the SSO service. It supports sign-in only; company administrators still need to initiate user invitations.
The following SSO SAML 2.0 providers are supported by the Pexip Service:
- Google Workspace
- Azure AD
See these articles for the specific configuration details for your SSO provider:
With some SSO SAML 2.0 providers, additional information must be provided from the service provider they want to connect with. The information typically needed is:
- Pexip Entity ID: https://api.vp.vc/api/auth/v1/saml
- Assertion Consumer Service: https://api.vp.vc/api/auth/v1/saml/response
- Service Provider Login URL: this is typically optional, Pexip does not support IDP-initiated login.
You can use SSO with the Pexip web app, the Pexip Service Outlook add-in, and the Pexip client apps as listed below:
|Product||Minimum software version|
|Pexip app for Windows||Version 1.1.1 or newer|
|Pexip app for MacOS||Version 1.1.1 or newer|
|Pexip app for Android||Version 2.0.4 or newer|
|Pexip app for iOS||Version 2.0.4 or newer|
Note that Polycom RealPresence Desktop and Polycom RealPresence Mobile/Tablet are not supported.