Twitch custom streaming/recording (RTMP) setup
You can stream a Pexip conference to Twitch and then share links to that conference with other people. See Live event streaming and recording for details about other streaming options.
To stream a conference to Twitch:
- Sign in to your Twitch account at www.twitch.tv/dashboard.
Underselect the tab.
- Under , select and a new button labeled should appear.
Select Stream Key should be displayed.. Select underneath the warning about sharing your stream key, and your
- Your Stream URL for twitch is always rtmp://live.twitch.tv/app/
Set up the live stream from your VMR as described in Using a custom RTMP stream/recording integration in the Pexip app.
When either scheduling or creating an ad hoc stream you need to input the ingest/server URL provided by Twitch.
- After you have connected your stream it will automatically start streaming.
- Locate the Stream Information, this is where you can add a Title and any other information. button under and select it. In Live, locate the
- To share your Live Stream, locate the arrow located at the bottom left corner of the page and select it.
- Some new icons will appear. Find the camera icon which is at the top of the new list. Hover over it and make sure it is labeled as Channel and select it.
- Opening Channel shows your Live Stream. To share your live stream select at the bottom-right corner of the video. From there you can share it to social media sites or just copy the Channel Link and send it via email.
- Twitch Live Streams are disconnected when the stream is disconnected from the VMR. You can disconnect the stream from the MyPages participant list.