Using your smartphone to join video meetings with MeetingConnect
By scanning a QR (Quick Response) code with your smartphone, the MeetingConnect feature in the Pexip mobile app lets you join a scheduled video meeting from any of your video conferencing systems without having to dial or enter a video address.
All you have to do is install the Pexip mobile app and then when you want to join a meeting via a hardware endpoint you simply scan the endpoint's QR code with your smartphone and then select the meeting from your calendar that you want to join. The video system that is linked to that QR code will then get connected to that meeting — all you need to do is accept the incoming call.
To get started with MeetingConnect (guest or named users):
- You should have the latest version of the Pexip mobile app installed.
- Your mobile calendar must be synced with the Pexip mobile app.
- Your company's video systems must be registered to the Pexip Service.
Download the Pexip mobile app for your device:
When installing the Pexip mobile app, Android devices will automatically install an additional app called Meeting Joiner. You may want to add the Meeting Joiner icon to your device's home screen for faster access.
These are the one-time steps you need to follow to sync your calendars after installing the app:
- Log into the Pexip mobile app with your Pexip account.
- Under the menu, select the option.
- A list of all available calendars on your device is displayed. Select/tick the calendar(s) you receive meeting invites from to sync them with the Pexip app.
- New meeting invites will now be displayed inside the app in the tab, and you can use MeetingConnect to join your meetings.
Here’s how to join with MeetingConnect:
- Walk into any meeting room.
Take out your phone and scan the QR code on the table or displayed on the endpoint:
- On Android devices open the Meeting Joiner app to scan
- On iOS devices, open your device's regular camera app
- A popup notification on your phone displays the list of your upcoming video meetings. From this list tap the meeting you want to join.
- The video system will immediately get a call. Just accept the "incoming call" to join the meeting.
Note that the meetings you see are fetched from your personal calendar, not from the meeting room’s calendar. This means you don't have to book the meeting room itself for any of the meetings you want to join from that room/VTC.
As long as the video system has been set up with its own QR code, you can connect to it with MeetingConnect easily. So there's no need to worry about which video system or meeting room you would like to use ahead of time, or how to dial in from different systems.